Learn how to love and care for your BeagleBone and teach it tricks
About This Book
- Develop the practical skills that are required to create an embedded Linux system using BeagleBone
- Use the embedded Linux software to control LEDs on the BeagleBone, empowering you to create LED flash patterns
- A hands-on guide, supported by practical examples to integrate BeagleBone into your projects
Who This Book Is For
This book is for new BeagleBone owners who are looking to quickly get their microboard up and running. It would be helpful to have an understanding of embedded concepts or Linux but neither is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Unbox, power up, and configure the BeagleBone with Linux
- Hook up and interface the BeagleBone to a desktop
- Develop software to interact with the outside world
- Build and control LED flash patterns
- Run Linux-based software on the BeagleBone
- Get familiar with entire boot procedures from power on to running your own software
- Expansion with your own cape/expansion board
- Expand the BeagleBone for Bluetooth connectivity
The BeagleBone is a microboard computer that offers all the possibilities of a larger PC in a miniaturized package. By learning embedded Linux for the BeagleBone, you can get started on the road to utilizing the power of the board to achieve its full potential.
This book covers right from unboxing, showing you the absolute basics of using your new BeagleBone to give you the knowledge you need to be a responsible BeagleBone owner and to integrate the microboard into your projects. Begin by learning about the software behind your purchase before moving on to your first simple project on building an LED flasher using the LEDs on the BeagleBone itself.
Get to grips with connecting and controlling your BeagleBone from a mobile device, practical guidance on hooking up simple hardware and toys to your BeagleBone, and troubleshooting tips on what to do when things go wrong.
Finally, learn the advanced topics such as real-time programming with the BeagleBone to get its full potential and connect it to expansion boards. By the end of the book, you’ll know everything you need to get out and play!